I’ve just finished adding the replacing a cassette repair. It should be with you in the next couple of weeks!
It’s a repair you need to do if you start noticing your chain slipping. Something that I see far too many cyclists on the road suffer from!
Next up: Disk brakes!
I thought it may be useful to talk through one of the repairs in the app and show how useful it is. So here is the replacing the handlebar grips repair that is one I’m sure everyone during their course of cycling will have to do at some stage. This is because old grips fade out, start to look cheap and come off in your hands. New grips can provide better comfort, grip and style. Additionally they are a cheap upgrade so possible for anyone to do.
Here is the YouTube:
Note: I’ve also posted the replacing handlebar grips video on London Cyclist.
It’s early days still for the Bike Doctor iPhone app but we’re already dreaming of version 2.
The number 1 most requested feature so far is to port the App over to the Android. Therefore if you are an Android developer please do get in touch!
Here’s some more ideas we’ve been given or were working on:
- Bike safety check that you can do before every ride
- A monthly bike maintenance schedule that can automatically be added to your calendar/push notifications
- More repairs
- More roadie repairs – Staring with taping the handlebars and brake replacement
- An iPad version?
- Quiz that helps you discover the problem with your bike
- “On the road” repair tips if you don’t have all your tools with you
- Way of keeping track of the maintenance you have done
- More languages (German, Chinese, Greek etc..)